With just a few ingredients, these peanut butter cookies are so fast, easy to make, and delicious! Technically they are gluten free, as they contain no flour, but, to be clear, that doesn’t make them healthy by any means – a cookie is a cookie.
You can use this recipe to make Peanut Butter Blossoms – a holiday favorite and the clear winner of the Great Cookie Poll of 2015, or just plain old Peanut Butter Cookies (sans Hershey Kiss and flattened with the back of a fork to create the crosshatch pattern). Either will be delicious!
Recipe Yields 12 – 15 cookies
1 cup creamy peanut butter (use regular, not natural, otherwise they won’t hold together.
1 large egg
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A handful of Hershey Kisses
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees; line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large ball, mix the the egg, sugar and peanut butter until well blended. Incorporate the vanilla extract.
3. Place bowl in the fridge to chill for 10-15 minutes (this will prevent the cookies from spreading too much in the oven).
4. Spoon small balls of the dough on to the cookie sheet and gently press down even out (the back of a measuring cup works great for this).
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Set one Hershey Kiss in the center of each cookie; let cool for five minutes before removing to a wire rack. Enjoy!