1. I want my life to be about the people in it, not the stuff around me.
2. I want to collect memories, not things. A plane ticket will always be a better investment than a new (insert material indulgence).
3. I want to make more than I did the year before. More friends, more memories, more art, more time for the people I love. And yes, if possible, more money. But I won’t stress about that last one if I can help it, and I’ll let it go if it interferes with the first four.
4. I want to pick up the phone more. An ‘I love you’ or a ‘Happy Birthday’ posted on someone’s Facebook wall with 1,000 other posts will never mean as much as actually telling them (unless there’s a pug meme involved, in which case I’ll do both). Also, snail mail makes everyone’s day better.
5. Cleanses are bullshit.
6. I want to carry my camera with me as often as possible and to practice seeing things in from different points of view.
7. I want to pretend to be a morning person until, just maybe, I actually become one.
8. I want to live in the moment. I’m a planner by nature, so this one is so easy for me to forget, especially when I’m excited about a trip or a new adventure on the horizon.
9. I want to spend more time with my family. This includes more, longer trips to Vermont.
10. I want to stay positive and make the most of everyday (And remembering that, some days, making the most means staying in bed with a good book).